The ROTOLAVIT is a centrifuge for the washing of erythrocytes. It is used in serological testing. The centrifuge can be used for routine washing procedures that are carried out in blood banks and transfusion centres.
The compatibility of the blood from the donor with that of the recipient must be checked before a transfusion procedure. Laboratory personnel therefore carry out cross-matching tests. Antibody testing is also one of the procedures used for blood typing. The antibody tests allow the identification of irregular anti-erythrocyte antibodies that can give rise to problems in transfusions.
Before performing the tests it is first necessary to wash the erythrocytes of the donor. The erythrocytes must be free of any serum residues as these could falsify the result.
The ROTOLAVIT dispenses with the need for time-consuming manual washing steps. The centrifuge carries out the number of washing cycles automatically. For each wash cycle the pre-selected volume of wash solution is filled into each of 12 or 24 blood collection tubes (depending on the rotor), mixed with the blood drops present in the tubes and centrifugation carried out. The supernatant is then automatically decanted.
After the last wash cycle is complete, anti-human globulin serum (for the Coombs test) is added manually. In a final centrifugation step the possible agglutination reaction is accelerated.
• Rapid and reproducible results
• Up to 24 samples per run
• Reliable centrifugation for cross-matching and antibody testing
• Centrifuge is simple to operate
• Maximum safety through solid metal casing and spray protection
The centrifuge is used in blood banks and transfusion centres for serological testing. For example:
• Cross-matching tests
• Antibody searches and differentiation
• Determination of rare blood group characteristics
• Max. capacity:
in a swing-out rotor: 4 x 100 ml
in an angle rotor: 6 x 85 ml
• Max. speed (RPM): 6.000
• Max. RCF: 4,226
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 257 x 366 x 430 mm
• Weight: approx. 23 kg
• Refrigeration: Air cooling
• Frequently used rotors:
Swing-out rotor for 4 x 100 ml (90°), max. RCF 2,630 – Cat. No. 1324
Swing-out rotor for 8 x 50 ml (45°), max. RCF 2,469 – Cat. No. 1617
Angle rotor for 6 x 85 ml, max. RCF 4,226 – Cat. No. 1620A
The ROTOLAVIT has proved itself in everyday laboratory use thanks to its ergonomic design:
• Parameters can be entered quickly and easily using the well laid-out operating panel
• The centrifugation chamber is easy to access for thorough cleaning
• Simple to use: No tools are required to mount the rotor. It can be removed or fitted in one simple step
The ROTOLAVIT provides a maximum of safety through features such as:
• Lid locking
• Lid dropping protection
• Emergency lid release if power fails
• Imbalance switch-off
• Motor switch-off when centrifuge stops
The ROTOLAVIT has been designed for long-term service. This high-performance centrifuge has features such as:
• Metal casing
• Metal lid with special spray protection This prevents uncontrolled distribution of the decanted wash liquid. A drain in the base of the centrifuge connects to a collecting vessel for liquid
• Centrifugation chamber of rust-free stainless steel
Indien u graag de huidige prijs ontvangt van één of meerdere artikels, aarzel dan niet om hier geheel vrijblijvend een offerte aan te vragen.
Hou me op de hoogte van vernieuwingen
Ontvang onze verse updates en promoties elke 2 maanden in uw mailbox. Mis geen nieuws of aantrekkelijke aanbieding en schrijf u hier in.