Pipette Tips and Filter Tips from BRAND in Standard or Ultra Low Retention Quality
Pipette tips and filter tips are manufactured by BRAND in a cleanroom under the most modern production conditions, and are automatically rack packed and packaged to ensure that the tips are of consistently high quality.
– High-purity polypropylene, free from DiHEMDA and oleamide
– Manufactured without lubricants
– Cadmium-free pigments
– Graduation for a quick volume check
– All rack packed tips and filter tips up to 1000 μl are free of DNA
(< 40 fg), RNase (< 8.6 fg), endotoxins (< 1 pg) and ATP (< 1 fg)
– Autoclavable at 121 °C (2 bar), acc. DIN EN 285
– Environmentally friendly packaging systems
– CE-marked according to IVD-Directive 98/79 EC.
Non-self-sealing Filter tips
Non-self-sealing filter tips from BRAND have a PE filter that is free from chemical additives. Permeability is controlled by the combination of pore size and filter length, so that no aerosols can reach the pipette shaft. These filters function with consistent reliability. On the other hand, liquids can pass very slowly should they accidentally contact the filter. Since the filter does not swell as in the case of self-sealing filter tips, the sample can be recovered from the filter by simply actuating the pipette‘s blow-out function, or by centrifugation if necessary. This is clearly an important advantage of non-self-sealing filters, especially when working with valuable samples. As an added advantage, the absence of filter additives protects samples from contamination.